All Pagans, Witches, Druids, Heathens, Magicians and like-minded folk are equally welcome at our conferences, irrespective of ability, medical conditions etc. We aim to do everything we can to make your visit a happy one. Some members of our team are themselves disabled and others are carers so we hope that we have a reasonable level of disability awareness. We always strive to improve provision and try to take on board all positive suggestions for improvement.
Please discuss your needs with us as soon as possible, in advance of the conference, so that we can provide the best possible service for you. We aim in all things to be a friendly, accessible Pagan organization so please talk to us and discuss any special needs you may have.
Our conference venue is the Parkhouse Centre in Bude. The buildings are new and disabled access is very good. A member of Pagan Phoenix staff will be able to give information and assistance as needed.
Blue Badge parking is available in all three nearby carparks, however Blue Badge parking is not free and has no concessions. We can also provide assistance to get you from your vehicle into the venue; please tell us in advance if you need this.
Access to the whole building is on the level. There is a disabled toilet inside the building. The main conference area has level access and tables can be made available if needed. We can reserve tables and seating for you if you wish.
Guide and other assistance dogs are welcome. Please note these are the only animals allowed in the conference venue.
Many of our guests choose to stay for the weekend. Accommodation can be found locally in Bude, try the local tourist centre for information at Visit Bude.
Tea and coffee is available from the kitchen.
We hope that the measures listed here will help you to get the best out of the conference.
- If you require the support of a carer/ facilitator to attend then we will provide you with two tickets for the price of one (just ask for a carer’s ticket when booking).
- If you need to cancel your tickets because of your condition/related ill-health then we will refund the full price of your tickets (even at very short notice), no questions asked. This allows you to take full advantage of our early bird discounted ticket offers without worrying.
- We can provide reserved seating and a table for you and your party throughout the day in the main conference seating area.
- Our disability officer can provide specific help for you during the day, but cannot fulfill the same role as your carer.
- Bude Badge spaces are available in the car park associated with the venue.
Please let us know when booking your tickets if you would like to access any of these measures, as this will help us to plan.
We will also attempt to provide any other particular forms of support for you if you tell us what you need in advance. Please do remember that Cornwall is a rural area with limited infrastructure so we have to bring what we need with us as it may not be available locally.
Pagan Phoenix SW has signed up to the Code of Practice for behaviour at Pagan and Heathen events (see the full code). This means that our conference is a safe space where Pagans and like-minded folk can celebrate, enjoy and learn together. We will not tolerate abusive, threatening, discriminatory or insulting behaviour towards any of our guests, including people with disabilities. In the unlikely event of such behaviour occurring, the perpetrators will be removed immediately.
We hope this covers everything, but if there is anything that we have left out, or that you need, please ask (contact us).
We look forward to welcoming you to the Conference.